2019-20 Facility Updates
A broad-based Facilities Planning Committee of community and school leaders met for several months during the 2019-20 school year to develop recommendations for the Long-Range Facilities Plan (LRFP).
The Mercer Island School District (MISD) engaged Mahlum Architects to develop the LRFP.
MISD Long-Range Facilities Plan (9/16/2020)
In developing the LRFP, Mahlum’s work included:
- analysis of educational adequacy, including educational specifications and MISD education delivery models;
- building systems evaluation;
- facility needs analysis;
- facilitation of meetings with the Board, students, staff and the public;
- community outreach and public process;
- gathering and analysis of board, staff and community input;
- review of enrollment and population projections; and
- generate and provide MISD with a final LRFP Report.
For questions regarding the Long Range Facilities Comprehensive Planning process, email Owners Representative Brandy Fox.
LRFP Committee Meetings
Each of these meetings were scheduled for 5:30 pm to 8:30 pm at Northwood Elementary in the Commons.
|Issue Paper 2: Capacity and Enrollment
Issue Paper 3: Existing Facility Condition
FPC Planning Goals
FPC #2 Presentations
FPC #2 Minutes
MISD Enrollment Projections
|Video of 12.16.19 meeting|
| FPC #3 Presentation
FPC #3 Minutes
FPC Spectrum Exercise Results
FPC Confirmed Goals
LRFP Community Outreach Meeting
LRFP Student Outreach Meeting
LRFP Staff Outreach Meeting
|Video of 1.27.20 meeting|
| FPC #4 Presentations
FPC #4 Group Exercise Results
FPC #4 Minutes
|Video of 2.24.20 meeting|
| FPC #5 Presentation
FPC #5 Minutes
|Video of 3.30.20 meeting|
|School Board presentation|