Kindergarten Registration Information 2020-2021

  • Kindergarten Information Night will be on January 28, 2020, from 6:00 PM to 7:00 PM at Island Park Elementary | Lakeridge Elementary | Northwood Elementary | West Mercer Elementary. Staff will be on hand to discuss educational programs available and answer questions. Parents with incoming kindergarteners are invited to attend and learn more about the school their child will be attending. No children, please. 

    Elementary students will enroll in their home schools. Families can find out their home school location via e-Link, or by downloading a copy of the Boundary Map. For questions about school boundaries, contact Julie Naylor in the Transportation Department, 206-236-3335.

    Families may begin the kindergarten registration process starting Wednesday, January 29, 2020. 

    We encourage families to enroll as soon as possible. This helps us forecast class sizes and staffing needs for the coming school year

    New Families: To begin registering click on the Online Enrollment process.
    Home Language Survey
    As part of the online enrollment process, information from the Home Language Survey (HLS) is used to determine if testing is necessary for both foreign-born and U.S.-born English Language Learner students. Home Language Surveys translations can be found here. However, the HLS translations are for reference purposes only. Parents must fill out the English-language version of the Home Language Survey during their online enrollment process. 
    Families with children currently enrolled can log in to Skyward Family Access to enroll additional children.
    Reminder: Children must be five years old by August 31, 2019, to register for the current year (2019-2020). Children must be five years old by August 31, 2020, to register for the coming school year, (2020-2021) (see policy 3110).

    Immunization Requirements: Washington State Law RCW28A.210.080 requires school-age children to receive specific immunizations in order to attend school. Proof of immunizations from a family physician or local health department is required. The parent/guardian needs to transfer this information to a Certificate of Immunization (CIS) form and sign the certificate to verify its accuracy and upload a copy in the “Requested Documents” section of the online enrollment application. See the state Immunization Requirements.