The annual Pathfinder Awards celebrate graduates of Mercer Island High School whose achievements, strength of character, and citizenship inspire and challenge today’s youth.
Nominate an MIHS graduate for the 2020 Pathfinder Award
These men and women have contributed to society in meaningful ways through their service, leadership, and creativity in our communities. Graduates of Mercer Island High School have impacted the world in a variety of fields, including but not limited to the following areas: the arts and athletics; business; education; entertainment; law; medicine; the military; philanthropy and volunteerism; public service; religion; scholarship and science.
Growing up on an island with committed schools and residents, they embraced the larger world around them and pushed the boundaries of their potential. They are our inventors and artists—imaginative and creating the future. They understand the global context in which we live today. All are pathfinders who aspire to a better way of living for humankind. They discovered that path, or showed others the way.
1. To recognize distinguished alumni from Mercer Island Schools and to inspire students and residents with their accomplishments; and
2. To create a network where alumni and students feel they are part of an extraordinary global community who support each other and are dedicated to making the world a better place for humankind.
Criteria for selection
- The Pathfinder honors our graduates’ remarkable impact in a variety of fields, including the arts, athletics, business, education, entertainment, law, medicine, the military, philanthropy & volunteerism, public service, religion, scholarship and science.
- Candidates must be graduates of Mercer Island High School and have graduated at least 10 years prior.
- Any person may submit a nomination, except for Selection Committee members.
- Posthumous nominations will be accepted.
- Nominations require submission of the district’s nomination form. Nominations for 2020 are now open and will close January 17, 2020.
- All information submitted will be considered confidential by the Selection Committee.
Nominations will be vetted by a Selection Committee of teachers, residents, business leaders, alumni, and school officials from the district and Mercer Island Schools Foundation. The committee may request additional documentation if needed. The Selection Committee reserves the right to reject any or all nominations. Individuals not selected this year will remain eligible for two years following the initial nomination process, without requiring a new submission.
For more information, contact Craig Degginger
, Communications and Alumni Relations Coordinator, 206-236-4514.
Pathfinder Award Recipients