Mission Statement and Values
We are developing a compassionate, innovative, collaborative community of learners prepared to access and contribute to the ever-changing global and digital world.
Our 2011-2012 school goals focus on increasing personalized learning and student-centered education. For specific information, please view our School Improvement Plan below.
- Academic excellence
- Personalized learning
- Developing a positive sense of self
- Building genuine relationships
- Belonging to a healthy, safe, supportive community
- Celebrating our diversity
- Using technology to access and convert information into knowledge
- Creating innovative solutions
- A passion for life-long learning
Program components that guide decisions.......
Every student will be taught at a level and in a manner appropriate with his or her potential and ability.
Teachers will utilize a variety of instructional strategies and grouping practices to address the needs of all learners.
Student placement involves staff and parent input. Placement is ultimately the responsibility of the Principal. Placement goals take into consideration:
- Academic, emotional and social needs of each child
- Relative balance within classes gender, mixed grades, ethnicity, abilities, etc.
- Appropriate peer groupings that promote a positive atmosphere for learning
- Unique educational needs (ESL, Special Needs, etc.)
Recognizing that it takes an entire community to educate a child, we welcome and encourage support, participation, and contributions from staff, parents, and other community members.