Distribution of Printed Materials
Per MISD policy 4060, non-district organization wanting to use the schools for posting or distributing literature or materials must receive prior approval from the district. Printed materials not sponsored by the district MUST include the following disclaimer:
"Mercer Island School District has neither reviewed nor approved the program, personnel, activities or organizations announced in this flyer. The participants agree to protect, indemnify, and hold harmless the district, its elected and appointed officials, employees, agents, staff and volunteers, from any and all claims, liabilities, damages, expenses, or rights of action, directly or indirectly attributed to the activities. Permission to distribute this flyer should not be considered a recommendation of the program by the school district. This is not a school district sponsored activity."
Submitted materials must also meet the following criteria:
- Subject matter shall be consistent with district goals and policies;
- Subject matter shall have educational value and be free of objectionable advancement of the name, product or special interest of the sponsoring group;
- Participation by students or staff would not interfere with their curricular program or work.
Unless otherwise authorized by state/federal law, third party agencies are prohibited from speaking to students about their programs during school hours and are encouraged to use established media to communicate opportunities when parents and students can review opportunities together (i.e. tables at evening events or school newsletters). The exception to this provision are colleges and universities.
To submit a request for distribution of materials:
- Add the MISD legal disclaimer when creating your material (see above).
- Download and complete the Materials Distribution Form.
- Email the completed form and the final version of your material (with the disclaimer) to Vanessa Adams. She will let you know if your request is approved or denied.