REQUESTING AN OFFICIAL TRANSCRIPT:
The Online Payment System will begin accepting orders for official transcripts starting THURSDAY, SEPTEMBER 23RD.
Please have the following information readily available to complete your transcript order:
- Full Name of each college/university or post-secondary program
- Mailing Address (including city and state)
- Application Deadline
(Students are encouraged to request and review an unofficial copy of their transcript from the counseling office PRIOR to submitting to colleges to ensure any outside credits or summer school courses have been transcribed. Please email Counseling Assistant Lisa Jandusay - email@example.com or stop by the counseling office to request a copy in person.)
To ensure that your official transcript arrives on-time, place your transcript order no later than 20 school days prior to the application deadline.
It is strongly advised that once you’ve finalized your college/university/post-secondary program list, your first step should be to order official transcripts. This is especially true for Common App colleges/universities since Naviance sends transcripts to Common App colleges in batches.
Remember, your application does not have to be complete and submitted to order an official transcript.
Click HERE for a step-by-step tutorial video on how to order your official transcripts
How do I request an official transcript to be sent to the colleges I am applying to?
1. Go to the MIHS Website
2. Choose the "$" sign for online payments
3. Enter your username and password (directions are on the page)
4. Choose "Shop: Items at all schools"
5. For school type select "High School"
6. Choose "MIHS"
7. Choose "Counseling Center"
8. Read the paragraph titled "College Application Transcript" carefully. Then enter the number of transcripts you wish to order. (While you can order more at any time, it is preferred you order your transcripts all at one time).
9. Choose "Buy"
10. In the top right hand corner, click on your cart where it says "Checkout"
11. Choose "Checkout: Step 1 Additional Info"
12. For each transcript, use the drop down to select "Other" and type in the name of the school. For each transcript include the city, state and application deadline (Note: this is the admission's office's official deadline, not your own. You are responsible for making sure this is entered correctly).
13. Once you have entered all your colleges choose "Checkout: Step 2: Payment"
14. Enter credit card information then "Pay now" to complete the process
Counselors are responsible for sending transcripts and counselor forms to the colleges that students have paid for using the online system. Students are responsible for monitoring their individual college application accounts to verify that required items have been submitted to meet each college's deadline.
TRANSCRIPTS FOR NCAA ATHLETICS:
To request transcripts for NCAA athletics, see Ms. Lopez-Salvador in the Counseling Center.
If you have any questions, stop by the Counselor of the Day Table!