2022 IMS Track and Field
TRACK & FIELD SPRING SEASON IS ON!
We are incredibly excited to announce that the 2022 Islander MS Track & Field season will be March 28—May 18. With the lifting of mask mandates, this will be a full season, just as in years past. We have four dual meets scheduled, with a League Finals meet to close the season on May 18 at Tolt MS in Carnation, WA.
HERE ARE THE NUTS & BOLTS:
- Stephen Rennie is our Head Track & Field Coach. He will be joined by Russ Skurski (Jumps Coach), Ryan Hoisington (Throws Coach) and Gene Nomicos (Sprints Coach) to prepare our athletes for competition.
- Practice begins Monday, March 28. Practices will run 3:00—4:15 pm on Mondays, Tuesdays, Thursdays and Fridays. Wednesday practices will run 1:30—2:45 pm.
- Activity buses will be available at 4:30 pm to transport students from campus to home (3:00 pm on Wednesdays). There are no activity buses on Fridays.
- Athletes will NOT have access to the locker rooms and are encouraged to change in bathrooms or come to school in running gear.
- You can find a full competition schedule for Track & Field in the links on the left.
ALL ATHLETES MUST DO THE FOLLOWING:
- Complete a Sports Eligibility Packet (or Sports Repeat Packet if they participated in Volleyball, Cross Country or Wrestling this school year). These are available under the “Athletic Forms” tab.
- Pay a $60 sports fee using the Intouch Payment System.
- Wash hands thoroughly before and after each practice.
- Wash practice clothes after each practice.
- Follow all instructions from coaches regarding health and safety protocols.
Questions? Please contact Stephen Rennie, IMS Athletic Director