- June 1 - Last day to DROP a course (grades 9-11)
- June 5 - Senior check out (return books, iPads, etc. See details below under “Seniors”)
- June 9 - Class of 2020 Graduation!!! (See details below under “Seniors”)
- June 19 - Last day of school for grades 9-11
We hope this message finds you safe and in good health! There is no doubt that over the last several weeks, we have witnessed an unprecedented change to the world as we know it due to the spread of COVID-19. Our daily lives have been surely affected, creating in each of us a mixture of emotions, some of which may be new and unfamiliar. There is no greater time to be mindful of self-care, both physically and emotionally.
As your Counseling Team, we want to assure you that we are here for you!!
Our immediate goals:
- Be accessible to you during our normal school hours - Mon - Fri 8:00am - 3:15pm
- Remain vigilant in our efforts to provide counseling services to the best of our creative abilities
- Provide relevant and helpful resources
Below you’ll find our contact information along with a list of resources. This resource list will continue to evolve as needed so feel free to check our website often for new information. For local social services information, please call 211. If you have a life-threatening emergency, immediately call 911.
Despite current events, please know that you remain first and foremost on our minds. We hope to work together with you to make it through this challenging time.
Stay Safe and Take Good Care!
Your Counseling Team
COVID-19 Family Support Resources Information regarding Free Meals, Child Care, Online Learning, Tech Assistance & General FAQ
211 Information on Local Community Resources
Teen Link Confidential and Anonymous Help Line with a trained teen volunteer
MIYFS Youth & Family Services - Mercer Island
Crisis Connections Local 24-Hr Crisis Line
AP Central Updates on AP Testing
CollegeBoard Information on SAT Testing
ACT Information on ACT Testing
MIHS Counseling Team
Susie Brown (A-D) firstname.lastname@example.org
Susan Sutherin (E-J) email@example.com
Thomas Welch (K L M) firstname.lastname@example.org
Jeff Jones (N - Si) email@example.com
Jimmy Vasquez (Sj - Z) firstname.lastname@example.org
Barb Shephard - Registrar email@example.com
Kristin Brintnall - Secretary firstname.lastname@example.org
Edith Lopez-Salvador - Secretary email@example.comAdditional Counseling Services are provided by licensed counselors employed by Mercer Island Youth and Family Services, who have offices at MIHS and provide additional counseling services to students daily at Mercer Island High School.
- Chris Harnish - Substance Abuse and Intervention
- Ariel Schacter - Student, Family, and Group Counseling
Mercer Island High School 9100 SE 42ndStreet Mercer Island, WA 98040Phone (206) 236-3354 FAX (206) 230-6352