Employee Assistance Program
Mercer Island School District has partnered with First Choice Health to provide a benefit for you and your family members to help with a variety of life’s challenges. The EAP is available 24 hours per day, 7 days per week. You may have up to 6 face-to-face visits per issue per year. Online appointments are available.The EAP can assist you with:
To speak with a counselor or for more information, please call 800-777-4114, or visit www.firstchoiceeap.com. The username is misd and no password is required.
- Marital and family issues
- Depression and anxiety
- Problems with substance abuse
- Problems with gambling
- Balancing work and home
- Personal/family concerns
For immediate help: call 911 for a life-threatening emergency.
Mental Health/Suicide Hotlines (24 Hours)
- King County Mental Health Crisis Line: 1-866-427-4747
- National Suicide Prevention Lifeline at 1-800-273-8255 (TRS: 1-800-799-4889)
- For LOCAL suicide, mental health or substance use crisis: 24/7 Crisis Line
- KING COUNTY: 1-800-621-4636
- For mental health/substance use crisis: SAMHSA’s National Helpline: 1 (800)-622-HELP (4357)
Resources for Reducing Educator Secondary Traumatic Stress
OSPI, in collaboration with the Alliance for a Healthier Generation, has created resources targeted at educator well-being. These resources are targeted at supporting educators in managing Secondary Traumatic Stress (STS).
To access these resources, please use the following link.
Staff Wellness ResourcesSmartHealth is Washington State's voluntary wellness program that supports individual members of our District on the journey toward living well. SmartHealth is included in your SEBB benefits at no cost to District educators. Learn more by watching the SmartHealth Stories video.