IMS Students and Parents
This page will provide you and your student the information needed to be able to ride to and from IMS for the remainder of this school year. There have been significant changes to IMS bus routes and procedures as we have adapted to the protocols to safely transport students during the pandemic Orange Hybrid Learning.
- MISD yellow buses will now transport MIHS students before the IMS runs, which has impacted the IMS routes, causing them to be shorter, with fewer bus stops, and somewhat greater distances between stops.
- Students are no longer assigned to a specific bus route/bus stop. Rather they must sign up for a particular bus by using the interactive map IMS Bus Stops (Instructions below)
- The interactive map will allow you to find your preferred bus stop, look up the Bus Route #, arrival time, and exact location of the stop as well as a link to sign up for bus service. A link to the interactive map can be found below or on the MISD Transportation Dept. website.
- Students are REQUIRED to SHOW THEIR COMPLETED HEALTH ATTESTATION to the driver prior to boarding each morning. Students will not be allowed to board and will be instructed to return home if they cannot show proof of the health attestation for that day. Links for completing the DAILY health attestation can be found below or on the MISD Transportation dept. Website.
- Students are REQUIRED to wear masks the entire time. No eating or drinking on board.
- As always, be waiting at the stop 5 minutes before the bus arrives, and stand in a safe and visible location. As this is a new process, please be patient while waiting at the stop. If the wait gets longer than 10 minutes after the expected arrival time, feel free to call Dispatch, 206-236-3338, to inquire about problems on the route.
- Buses are required to have windows open for ventilation, so dress for warmth.
- In the afternoon, your students must board the same bus to return to their home stop.
We are discouraging students going home with a friend on the bus. If you need to make a change to your stop, please contact transportation at the number above.
To sign up for bus service you must fill out the request by clicking on your preferred bus stop on the map
Look for instructions below.
Locate your address on this map. If you click on the colored bus icon nearest your address you will see details: Route #, stop location, AM stop time, arrival at school time, PM stop time.
Follow this link for Instructions to complete the Daily Health Attestation online:
Students should use the mobile app so that they can show the screen to the driver.
If using the Ipad for the Daily Health Attestation, complete the form online at home, then take a screenshot to show to the driver (since wifi is not available at the bus stop).
Students can fill out and print the paper Health Attestation before leaving home, then show it to the driver: