Coronavirus (COVID-19) Resources
- Our website, at mercerislandschools.org/coronavirus, is updated regularly with information regarding COVID-19
- Washington State Health Department coronavirus page (中文 , Русский, Tiếng Việt, 한국어 ) ;
- Public Health - Seattle and King County Coronavirus Information page (新型冠状病毒, 신종 코로나바이러스, Новый штамм коронавируса);
- Public Health: What to do if you have confirmed or suspected COVID-19 or are worried that you may have COVID-19
- CDC: https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/index.html (关于冠状病毒疾病 2019).
- Superintendent of Public Instruction, Novel Coronavirus (COVID-19) in K-12 Schools Parent Guide
Resources for Parents and Students about COVID-19
• If you are a student or parent needing assistance with basic needs, contact the Community Resource number at 211.
• For crisis support, contact the King County Crisis Center at 866-CRISIS (866-427-4747) which is accessible 24 hours a day.
• Students needing to talk to someone can access trained peers at Teen Link. To access them via chat, text or phone go to https://www.teenlink.org/.
- Helping Children and Teens Cope With Anxiety about COVID-19 (Seattle Children's)
- DOH Parent and Caretaker Resources and Recommendations- Includes a “helping children cope” chart which addresses the reactions children of different ages may have and recommended adult responses.
- Just for Kids: A Comic Exploring the New Coronavirus- Using expect advice, NPR editor Malaka Gharib created this comic to help answer kid’s questions about COVID-19.
- NASP: Talking to Children about COVID-19- A resource for parents on how to talk with their children about COVID-19.
- Talking to Kids About the Coronavirus- Advice for parents from the Child Mind Institute.
- Teaching Kids Media Smarts During Breaking News- Advice parents can offer kids and teens who consume the news.
- CDC: Stigma and Resilience- Suggestions from the CDC on how to help counter stigma during the COVID-19 response.
Multilingual Novel Coronavirus fact sheets
For families in need of translation, please contact Mary Newcomer (206)230-6336 or email@example.com