Fifth Grade Musical
The halls of Island Park start to buzz with excitement as the annual 5th grade musical approaches! All fifth graders participate in this exciting performance with most rehearsals taking place during the school day. Every child will sing in the chorus, dance in a musical number, and participate in at least one scene on stage. Some will be selected to have larger speaking roles, singing solos, be featured in a dance, work on creating sets and props or assist behind the scenes on stage crew. The goal is to create a special role for EVERY child in the musical!
2019-2020 Fifth Grade Musical
"The Jungle Book"
(coming soon!)Important Dates (master calendar TBD)Full Cast Rehearsals: Thursday, November 7th, 9:15-11:45amFriday, November 8th, 9:15-11:45amFull Cast Dress Rehearsals: Tuesday, November 12th, 9:15-11:45amWednesday, November 13th, 9:15-11:45am
Performance Dates: School Assembly - Thursday, November 14th, 9:40-11:15amEvening Performance - Thursday, November 14th, 7:00-8:15pm (6:15pm call time for performers)Evening Performance - Friday, November 15th, 7:00-8:15pm (6:15pm call time for performers)CostumesTBDParent Volunteers Needed!To put on such a production, we will need many volunteers. Please let us know if you would be willing to help in any of the areas below. The more volunteers we have, the less work each will need to do, and the more fun it is for everyone!
- Parent Co-Leads
- Costume design, procurement and/or construction
- Set Design and/or construction
- Set crew leadership (students activities to assist with creating the sets/props)
- Dressing Room parents (during dress rehearsals and performances)
- Set-up/take-down (during dress rehearsals and performances)
- Backstage assistance (during full group rehearsals and performances)
- Program production
- Tickets and/or publicity
- Video taping and/or photography
- DVD production and/or slide show production
- Tasks I can do at home
The Island Park Fifth Grade Graduation Song