2019 GRADUATION INFORMATION
Anything and everything you need to know about graduation!
- Date: Tuesday, June 11, 2019
- Time: 6:30PM
- Place: Kent Accesso ShoWare Center
- 625 W. James St. Kent, WA 98032
- Google Maps-Kent ShoWare Center
- Free parking on-site
- Doors open at 5:30PM
Disability Parking and Seating - The ShoWare Center has 19 ADA parking spots in their parking lot. If those spaces are full you may drop off at the east curb, then the driver of the vehicle will need to park in any open spot. Ushers are available to seat guests in the ADA sections. Two sections are located on either side of the stage which provides premium viewing. Each ADA guest can be accompanied by one person. The rest of the party can sit in the rows of seats behind the ADA section.
- Each graduate is provided 4 complimentary Graduation Ceremony tickets at school when they submit their completed Senior Clearance Slips to the Counseling Center. Everyone who attends the ceremony except the graduate, must have a ticket. Additional tickets can be purchased online from June 1st-June 10th.
- Additional tickets are $20.00 each.
- Tickets are required for entry.
- After purchasing tickets online you will need to bring your receipt to MIHS (time and place TBD) to pick up the tickets.
- You will use your Skyward Access Parent Account login information for the username and password to purchase tickets.
- Graduation Rehearsal is mandatory for all seniors planning to walk during the Graduation Ceremony.
- Riding the school bus from the high school is mandatory for all seniors planning to walk during the Graduation Ceremony, no exceptions will be made.
- Students will be loading buses to the ShoWare Center from MIHS. Please arrive at 12:30 pm
- Students will load at 12:45 pm at MIHS and depart promptly at 1:00 pm for the Kent ShoWare Center.
- Buses will not return to MIHS following rehearsal, students will stay on site at Kent ShoWare Center.
- Students will need to bring all graduation items with them on the bus as they will not be able to unite with their parents prior to the ceremony.
- Students will need to bring a lunch with them or have lunch prior to the loading the buses. Loading time is 12:45 pm.
- PTSA will be distributing the pre-purchased lei's backstage after rehearsal, between 4:45-5:45. Once rehearsal has ended, there will be a break for students to have a snack and get refreshed. It is during this time that your student's take responsibility for picking up any leis that have been pre-ordered. Please let your student know if they will have any leis waiting for them.
PTSA Awards Night
- Date: Wednesday, May 29th, 2019
- Time: 6:00PM-8:30PM
- Where: MIHS PAC
Senior Awards Ceremony
- Date: June 5, 2019
- Time: 4:00PM-6:30PM
- Where: MIHS PAC
- Date: Monday, June 10, 2019
- Time: 12:35PM-2:05PM
- Where: MIHS Gymnasium
- Date: Thursday, June 6, 2019
- Time: 7 PM
- Where: Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints 4001 Island Crest Way, Mercer Island
- All seniors and families are invited to attend. This is not a MISD sponsored event.
Senior Clearance Slips/Check-Out
- Clearance slips will be available starting May 28th.
- Seniors can pick up their Clearance Slips from the Counselor of the Day table & begin the check-out process.
- Clearance slips are due no later than 3:30 PM on Friday, June 7th.
- Diplomas and transcripts will be mailed in late June.
- All Seniors are invited to participate.
- Pre-registration is required.
- This is a PTSA sponsored event, not MISD.
- For additional information regarding the Senior Party please click on the following link.
- Purchase 2019 Senior Party Tickets