Dear Island Park Eagles,
It is the week of May Fourth -
"May the Fourth Be With You" All!
Below are some more Star Wars themed activities for you to enjoy!
- Movement Options:
- Family Parachute (or blanket, towel, sheet!) activity (2 minutes)
- I'm Hans Solo - Galactic Dance Off (5 minutes)
- Playing Options:
- Listening / Drawing Options:
- Background Information:
Mrs. Angela Carey
Northwood and Island Park Elementary Schools
firstname.lastname@example.orgDear Island Park Eagles,While we can't meet together for music, Spanish, or PE class, there are plenty of ways to stay active at home!Please see below for various online and offline ways to practice your skills at home.Note: all activities are meant to be supplemental, not a replacement for core curriculum, nor a requirement for any student.Please feel free to share your musical activities with me... I miss you!If you have any questions or would like to contact me, my weekly virtual office hour is on Mondays from 11 am - noon.Sincerely,
Second Grade Music Activities
PRIMARY (K-2nd) MUSIC EDUCATION LINKS
- Practice 2nd grade rhythms with these downloadable rhythm flash cards.
- Practice your piano songs on a keyboard at home or on this Virtual Piano. Have a mini-recital to show your family!
CDE and CBA Songs Interactive Piano Tools
- Write your own mi/re/do song using the website Notessimo or Classics for Kids or by writing on music staff paper. Then, try singing your song to yourself!
- Print and cut out the following flashcards - teach the symbols to a family member then play tic tac toe!
- Classics for Kids Games – games including note reading, composing, rhythm matching, and instrument identification (1-5)
- Comparing Melodies Game – a great game for primary students to recognize same or different melodies (K-2)
- Creating Melodies Game – another fun, educational game from "Creating Music" to explore creating melodies (K-2)
- PBS Music Games - eleven different music games... have fun! (K-2)
- DSO Kids – this Dallas Symphony site highlights composers, games, listening samples and more in a kid friendly format. (K-5)
- Daniel Tiger's Music Shop - explore different instruments by visiting pbs Kids Daniel Tiger's Neighborhood music shop! (K-1)
- The New York Philharmonic Kidzone – Play Mozart's Minuet Game, create your own instruments, try the Music Match, watch interviews with musicians, and follow the orchestra around the world! This site is full of fun activities!
- Carnegie Hall Listening Adventures – learn about music in fun, interactive exploration with Britten's "Young Person's Guide to the Orchestra", Dvorak's "New World Symphony #9" and others! (K-5)
- The San Francisco Symphony Kid's Site – this fun site teaches the instruments of the orchestra, the basics of reading music, and has an online radio to listen to some classical music's greatest hits. (K-5)
- The New York Philharmonic Kidzone – Play Mozart's Minuet Game, create your own instruments, try the Music Match, watch interviews with musicians, and follow the orchestra around the world! This site is full of fun activities. (K-5)
- From the Top – this website is full of videos and information about musically talented kids and their interests. (K-5)
- Tone Matrix – Light up squares by clicking on them to put together a soothing tone matrix! Push the space bar to clear all. Fun! (K-5)
- Virtual Piano (NEW!) – a digital piano app turning your computer keyboard into a piano keyboard! Nothing too fancy, but you can play more than one note at a time. (K-5)
Second Grade Spanish Activities
- Parts of the Body/Partes del Cuerpo Practice labeling the parts of the body in Spanish. See how many levels you can successfully complete.
- Calendar: Tell your family the date
- Colors: Tell your family the color of various household objects you see
- Numbers: Practice your counting! Gather various objects and count how many there are... can you count to 100? (cien!)
- Supplies: Identify various school supplies around the house using our vocabulary we learned
- Sing the good afternoon song!
- Buenas tardes, buenas tardes. ¿Cómo estás? ¿Cómo estás? Muy bien gracias, muy bien gracias. Bienvenidos, Bienvenidos
Second Grade PE Activities
- Get movin' with these 25 fun options 25 Ways to Get Moving at Home
- Mindful Movement
- Follow these yoga poses to gain flexibility. My favorite is "Dance for the Sun."
- Movement Options: