• Welcome to the Mercer Island High School construction home page! 

     MIHS Main Entry  MIHS Classroom Addition
    The Mercer Island High School was built in 1954. Since 1954 MIHS has been through a several small and large scale modernizations and renovations. 
    In 1957 a large multipurpose building was built which housed and cafetorium and student center until it as demolished in the 1997 remodel and addition. More classrooms and auditorium spaces were added to the High School in 1961 and again in 1967. Smaller additions and renovations occurred to the campus in 1978 and in 1986. 
    In 1997 designed by Erickson McGovern and Mahlum Architects, a larger scale remodel took place uniting all of the buildings that comprised the high school campus under one roof. The building that is now home to the alternative High School, Crest Learning Center, was also renovated and accommodate the new program
     
    After the 2014 and 2015 additions to MIHS designed by Mahlum Architects, the school is now equip with state of the art science and robotics labs, a large modern wing for the school music department and additional classroom and bathroom spaces. After the most recent classroom addition to the Mercer Island High School, the building is currently 225,000 sqft and has over 1,350 students in attendance.
     
    Please refer below for a general timeline of all of the projects as well as a few links with more information and photos of the renovations. 

    2017 Track and Turf Replacement

    2017 Bus Lot & Overflow Seating for the Stadium

    2015 Classroom Addition

    2014 Parking Lot Reconfiguration

    2013 Stadium Press Box

    2013 iGrant Boiler and Lighting Improvements  

    2012 Music/Band Addition  

    2011 Track Replacement  

    2011 Training Room 

    2010 Gymnasium and Commons High Efficiency Lighting Replacement  

    2009 Turf Replacement

    2001 Synthetic Turf Installation

    1997 Crest Learning Center Remodel

    1997 Addition and Modernization

    1986 Renovation  

    1979 Rubberized Track Addition and Field Renovation 

    1978 Renovation

    1967 Classroom and Auditorium Expansion

    1961 Classroom, Art, and Auditorium Addition 

    1957 Addition