What is the Small Works Roster?
A Small Works Roster follows the statute RCW 39.04.155 as a listing of Washington State licensed contractors (not vendors or suppliers) who have applied to be placed on the roster and have met certain basic requirements (i.e., hold a Washington State Business and Contractor license, hold specified insurance coverage, responsible claims history, etc.). The Small Works Roster helps reduce the cost of bidding small projects and makes it easier for contractors to compete for public works projects.
What is "Public Works"?
Public Works is all work, construction, alteration or repair or improvement, other than ordinary maintenance, executed at the cost of the state or of any municipality, or which is by law a lien or charge on any property therein.
Basic Public Works Requirements for School Districts:
- Prevailing Wages~ RCW 39.12.010 requires contractors to pay Prevailing Wages on public works projects. For more information on Prevailing Wages visit the Department of Labor and Industries website at https://www.lni.wa.gov/licensing-permits/public-works-projects/awarding-agencies/
- Insurance Coverage~ Contractors are required to provide the District with a Certificate of Insurance, minimum $1,000,000, naming Mercer Island School District as additional insured (with the additional insured endorsement).
- Industrial Insurance~ All contractors are required to pay Industrial Insurance Premiums. The District will not award a contract to a contractor who have unpaid Industrial Insurance Premiums.
- Retainage~ The District will hold retainage on most projects for 45 days after acceptance of the work completed to ensure that prevailing wages have been paid and the Department of Revenue and Employment Security have no liens on the project.
How to Apply
Municipal Research and Services Center (MRSC) Rosters is an online shared Small Public Works Contractor Roster and Consultant Services Roster for local governments in Washington State, including the Mercer Island School District, to search for eligible Contractor and Consultant service providers by service category.
- In order to receive bids from the Mercer Island School District for projects such as these you must be registered on the MRSC roster. The rosters are for contractors and consultants only, not vendors or suppliers.
- To verify if your company is listed on the roster, please contact MRSC directly.
For Contractors and Consultants
MRSC Rosters is a convenient and cost-effective way for marketing services to Agencies statewide through only one registration process.
To be eligible to work on small public works projects or consultant projects please register your company for free with MRSC Rosters and select Mercer Island School District #400 in your account. For more information about registering, contact MRSC Rosters at 206-625-1300 or email@example.com. Thank you!
Operated by the not-for-profit Municipal Research & Services Center of Washington (MRSC) , the MRSC Rosters is a fee-based service for all participants charged annually; however Contractors and Consultants do have a free option to register for individual Agency rosters.
Bids and quotes for supplies and materials are requested as needed and/or required per all applicable state laws including RCW 28A.335.190.