2021 MIHS Summer School
Questions? Email Carley Tallman at email@example.com or Kristin Brintnall at firstname.lastname@example.org
2021 High School Summer School InformationWe are preparing for an exciting learning and enrichment experience for our high school students this summer. The lessons from COVID-19 about how we might enhance our previous model make us hopeful this will be the best summer ever!Given the current trajectory, we anticipate that our summer program will be offered as a hybrid of both in-person and Zoom sessions.The MIHS Summer School Program is a tuition-based service of the Mercer Island School District. This summer, MIHS Summer School will be held as a hybrid of in person and virtual Zoom sessions depending on courses. The program runs Tuesday-Thursday, June 22-July 29, with additional assignments to be completed during August. A student must be in the Class of 2021, 2022, 2023, 2024, or 2025 to participate in Summer School 2021. Priority is given first to graduating seniors, then to incoming seniors. Summer School is intended to close learning gaps and provide opportunities for students to earn credits necessary for graduation. Summer School is not intended for students to “get ahead”.All information and registration links are available within the MIHS Summer School CatalogSummer School Dates: Tuesdays/Wednesdays/Thursdays
- June 22 to June 24
- June 29-July 1
- July 6-8
- July 13-15
- July 20-22
- July 27-29
Location: Mercer Island High School or Via Zoom• MIHS will be open from 8am-12pm, 1pm-4pmTuition:
- $375 per class
- Students may only take a maximum of 2 classes
- Incoming 9th grade is limited to Health or PE
• Attend all class and small group sessions of Summer School.
• Complete at least 80 hours of assigned work to receive .50 credit.
• Schedule appointments by contacting the Summer School Registrar.
• Plan ahead to start course work on the first day of the course
• Make regular progress in their coursework throughout the 6 weeks of Summer School.
• Complete a minimum of 10 hours of work each week (50 hours total by the beginning of August).
• Complete an additional 30 hours of work after the 6-week Summer School session (work due September 1, 2021).
• Keep a journal and log (as explained by your instructors).