Northwood Parent Advisory Council (PAC)
The purpose of the PAC (Parent Advisory Council) is to inform, encourage and provide opportunities for parent and community members to be involved in the planning and evaluation of the school’s instructional program and improvement processes. By definition, the PAC is an advisory body. Final decision-making authority rests with the principal.
Duties and Responsibilities of the PAC do NOT include: personnel issues (including hiring or evaluation of individual staff members), individual student discipline issues, or any issue dealing with a specific student, staff member, or parent.
Meeting Schedule: The 2018-19 scheduled meetings are noted below. Additional meetings may be called as needed throughout the year:
- Monday, October 15 @ 4:00-5:00pm
- Monday, April 15 @ 4:00-5:00pm
The membership of the PAC will be include a parent representative from each of the grade bands and programs described below:
If you are interested in being considered for one of the parent representative positions listed above, please complete the application form through the link below by Friday, October 5, 2018. Selected representatives will be contacted the week of October 12, 2018 to confirm their participation.
- K-1 parent representative
- 2-3 parent representative
- 4-5 parent representative
- Special Programs representative (Resource, PLP, ECSE)
- ELL representative
- PTA representative (to be appointed by PTA Executive Board)
- School Board liaison (as appointed by superintendent)
- Classroom teacher(s)
- School principal