Thank you for your interest in the Northwood Drum & Mallet Band! I am looking forward to accomplishing a lot with you this year.
Stay tuned for more information about joining drum & mallet band this year, 2019-20!
Some of the goals of this ensemble are musicianship, ensemble skills like listening, coordination and responsibility, leadership, teamwork, community building, and fun! We will be using a variety of percussion instruments, including xylophones and many different African drums, and learning music from many different musical cultures.
The guidelines for being a member of the Drum & Mallet Band are:
- Be present and on time for rehearsals and performances. (Since our time together is limited, punctuality at rehearsals is a must!)
- Treat the instruments with respect.
- Help with set-up and clean-up.
- Be respectful of peers and teachers.
- Willingly help others and be a good band mate.
- When practicing, you are focused and make good use of practice time.
- Try your best!
All members of the band are responsible for following these guidelines at every rehearsal and performance and must commit to obeying the guidelines. Only students that can abide by these guidelines will continue to be a member of the band.