Diversity Web Links
- Teaching Tolerance - news, suggestions, and resources to promote diversity and equity education
- PBS Diversity Resources - articles providing suggestions on how to promote racial and cultural awareness at school and at home
- School Library Journal #1 - culturally diverse books selected by the School Library Journal review editors
- School Library Journal #2 - an expanded list from the above choices based on suggestions from readers and favorite new titles
- A Class Divided - short video and lesson - The day after Martin Luther King, Jr. was killed, a teacher in a small town in Iowa tried a daring classroom experiment. She decided to treat children with blue eyes as superior to children with brown eyes. This site contains 2 ten-minute videos of that experiment as well as support material for lessons.
- A Class Divided - teachers' guide - teachers' guide designed to help utilize the 50 minute Frontline film (find "A Class Divided" on this site) to engage students in reflection and dialogue about the historical role of racism in the United States, as well as the role of prejudice and stereotyping in students' lives today. The full 50 minute Frontline film explores what the children learned about discrimination and how it still affects them today.