21st Century Facilities Planning History and Timeline
Current - Fall 2011
Fall 2010 - Fall 2011
- The 21 Century Facilities Planning Committee has made a recommendation to the Mercer Island School Board of Directors regarding how to address current and projected enrollment. Click here for the recommendation or go to the 21 CFPC link here. The Mercer Island School Board of Directors is starting a public process to make informed decisions on what is in the best interest of our community and schools. This process includes further investigation on many important issues within our community including projected enrollment, existing facilities condition, potential cost of building new schools and public feedback.
- A 21st Century Citizen's Facilities Planning Committee was appointed by the School Board on June 24, 2010. Under the facilitation of Kris Kelsay, the committee will present a facilities master plan to the board in the fall of 2011. Read more
- Focus will be on the redevelopment of the north mercer campus and middle school needs.
- Two Town Hall meetings were held to address the “mega-block” campus that are bordered by the following streets: 86th Avenue SE and SE 42nd Street and SE 40th Street. Artifacts and table group comments from both meetings are available below:
- Power Point Presentation
- "Mega-block" Campus aerial photos: 1963 | 1978 | 1992 | Current
- Table Group Comments from April 24, 2010: Table 2 | Table 6 | Table 8
- Table Group Comments from May 1, 2010: Table 2 | Table 3 | Table 4 | Table 5 | Table 6 | Table 7 | Table 8 | Table 9
Fall 2008 – January 2010
- Following the two Town Hall meetings, a citizen 21st Century Facility Advisory Committee (FAC)* group will be created and meetings will commence.
- Existing Building Condition Assessment including in depth architectural and engineering studies for all District facilities
- Utilizing the information from the Building Condition Assessment and completing a Long Range Maintenance Plan including programmatic needs, more info ...
- Demographic study indicating projected increase in enrollment starting in 2014. Demographic study is based on King County birth records Download study
- Initial Citizen Facility Advisory Committee meetings, more info ...
- Internal District Focus Group meetings to discuss ideal learning environment for students.