Welcome to Special Services
Looking for the Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs) for school reopening in the fall, please refer to the Inclusionary Practices Webpage
Special Services Webinar Series: Red Learning and Appointment Services:
The MISD Special Services department held several opportunities to get more specific information concerning Red Learning and Appointment Services. We are posting the Zoom recordings (linked below) for those of you who were unable to participate in the live sessions. We thank you for your flexibility at this time as we work together for a strong start to the school year.
- Wednesday, Aug 19: 4:30 PM – 5:15 PM Special Services: Audience Elementary Students in Resource Room Recorded Video
- Wednesday, Aug 19: 5:30 PM – 6:15 PM Special Services: Audience Middle Students in Resource Room Recorded Video
- Wednesday, Aug 19: 6:30 PM – 7:15 PM Special Services: Audience High School Students in Resource Room Recorded Video
- Thursday, Aug 20: 5:30 PM – 6:15 PM Special Services: Adult Transition Program Recorded Video
- Thursday, Aug 20: 5:30 PM – 6:15 PM Special Services: ECSE - Recorded Video
- Thursday, Aug 20: 6:30 PM – 7:15 PM Special Services: PLP - Recorded Video
Sue Ann Bube Director of Special Services 206-236-3329 Beth DeGrace Assistant Director of Special Services 206-230-6036 Hannah Bolivar Assistant Director of Special Services 206-735-1245 Sophia Murrey Special Services Administrative Assistant 206-236-3329 Beth DeGrace Early Childhood Education Coordinator 206-230-6036 Special Education Instructional Coach
(Resource Room Program)
206-735-0206 Julie Riccio Special Education Instructional Coach
206-735-1189 Nicki Winder Special Education Instructional Coach
206-735-1774 Special Education Records Request email@example.com
Approximately 10% of the Mercer Island School District K-12 student population qualifies for one or more special education services. Special education is a federal and state-mandated program that districts are obligated to provide. We are committed to all students on the continuum of learning. At the left of your screen, please see the special education programs we offer.
If you suspect your school-age child has a disability that is impacting their education, please contact the psychologist at your child's school:
- Island Park Elementary: Dawn Winters at 206-230-6279
- Lakeridge Elementary: Dawn Winters at 206-230-6012
- Northwood Elementary: Dr. Karen Wilke at 206-275-5840
- West Mercer Elementary: Simone Carmel at 206-230-6032
- Islander Middle School: Elaine McClellan at 206-230-6187
- Mercer Island High School and Crest Learning Center: Mike Neff at 206-236-3347
- Private School: Special Services (firstname.lastname@example.org) at (206) 236-3329.
For general questions about the MISD Special Education program, contact Administrative Assistant Sophia Murrey at 206-236-3329.