Latest West Mercer Announcements
Beginning August 15, parents and guardians will be able to log into their Skyward Family Access account and complete all the district forms, permission slips and notifications required for the start of school.
Kindergarten enrollment is now underway for the 2019-20 school year in the Mercer Island School District.
Dear West Mercer Families,
We are just a few weeks from starting our new school year and West Mercer is humming with activity! Our custodians are finishing up the deep scrub that the school gets every summer, teachers are busy readying their classrooms, and the office is busy registering students and finalizing class lists. We will be ready…will you?
A very important item on your “to-do” list for back to school is to complete the ONLINE Mercer Island School District forms. This “RSVP” process will open on 8/15 and will need to be completed before the first day of school, September 4th. New this year—district policy now requires EVERY family to verify their residency. This is an important process each year…please also review all contact information (including emergency contacts) to make sure we have current information to communicate with you. This will also be where you complete permission slips and other important documents. You will log into your Skyward Family Access account to complete all forms.
IMPORTANT: You will not be able to access who your child’s teacher will be until you have completed the RSVP process.
CONTINUE READING THE PRINCIPAL'S MESSAGE BY CLICKING THE LINK BELOW:
About West Mercer Elementary
West Mercer is a place of joy where all students, staff, and families commit to grow, empower and value each other. We believe that our capacity to learn is unlimited.
Value, Belief and Commitment Statements:
- We believe in strong partnerships with families and our community. We commit to respecting their insights and opinions.
- We believe that every student and family in our community belongs. We commit to foster and embrace all aspects of diversity and further commit to face and address areas of inequity.
- We believe it is important that we (staff, students, and families) enjoy each other and our time together at school. We commit to building relationships.
- We believe that West Mercer is a place of emotional and physical safety. We commit to developing social/emotional health in our students.
- We believe that behavior expectations must be clearly communicated and that students’ should be celebrated for appropriate behavior, not just criticized when they fall below behavior expectations. We commit to providing a positive behavior intervention system (PAWS).
- We believe that learning should be personalized to meet the needs of the students in our classrooms and school. We commit to providing differentiated instructional practice.
- We believe that student learning is most likely to occur when we use consistent, research based instructional practices and curricula. We commit to provide the guaranteed and viable curriculum mandated by the District and approved through School Board vote.
- We believe that critical thinking and analytical/processing skills are crucial for future global opportunities. We commit to culture and foster these important thinking and problem solving skills.
- We believe that every child needs appropriate challenge. We commit to continually improving our instructional practice so that we can grow ALL students’ skill and understanding.
- We believe that every person (including us adults) can learn. We commit to learn from each other and from experts in a variety of fields.
7:00 PM - 8:00 PM WM New Family Social
4:30 PM - 6:00 PM MIEA Rep Council Meeting
6:30 PM - 9:00 PM MI Parent Edge: Hidden in Plain Sight at MIHS
7:00 PM - 8:00 PM Destination Imagination information night at IMS
September 26, 2019
6:00 PM - 9:00 PM School Board Meeting
September 27, 2019
9:30 AM - 10:30 AM WM Principal's Coffee
5:00 PM - 6:00 PM MIHS Homecoming Parade