New Families - Enrollment Information

  • Kindergarten registration for 2019-20 begins on January 29, 2019.
    New Families: To begin registering click on the Online Enrollment process.

    Families with children currently enrolled can log in to Skyward Family Access to enroll additional children.

    Before beginning online enrollment, parents are advised to have the following documents available to upload into the application. The process will take approximately 20-30 minutes; parents can save as they go and do not have to complete it all in one sitting.

    • Copy of Official birth certificate or passport (Required for all Kindergarten and 1st-grade enrollments).
    • Two (2) Proofs of Residency are required. (Copy of a utility bill/cable bill/mortgage statement and/or closed bill of sale/rental lease agreement)
    • Completed Certificate of Immunization (CIS) is required. (Enrollment applications will not be processed until this form has been completed.) (See Immunization Requirements).
    • Custody/Court Order if applicable
    • Restraining Order if applicable

    Reminder: Children must be five years old by August 31, 2019, to register for the 2019-2020 school year (see policy 3110).

    Elementary Attendance Boundaries
    Elementary students will enroll in their home school. To verify which school your student will attend, based on your home address, download a copy of the Boundary Map. You can also use our transportation tool called e-Link which helps families verify their student’s school and the school bus stop location nearest to their home address.

    The 3rd-5th grade Highly Capable program is at Lakeridge Elementary and West Mercer Elementary. Highly Capable students who live in the Island Park and Lakeridge neighborhoods attend Lakeridge. Highly Capable students who live in the Northwood and West Mercer neighborhoods attend West Mercer. 

    Contact the Transportation Department at or 206-236-3337, for questions about school boundaries.

    Immunization Requirements
    Washington State Law RCW28A.210.080 requires school-age children to receive specific immunizations in order to attend school. Proof of immunizations from a family physician or local health department is required. The parent/guardian needs to transfer this information to a Certificate of Immunization (CIS) form and sign the certificate to verify its accuracy and will upload a copy in the “Requested Documents” section of the online enrollment application. See the state Immunization Requirements.